Fatima F. Hijazi, 24
1) What is your greatest accomplishment? My greatest accomplishment to date would have to be joining forces with God and building a relationship with Him. I was lost for so long and to finally know what it feels like to be in sync with Him is something that will be a part of me for Eternity.
2) What is the biggest obstacle you had to overcome? Biggest obstacle I had to overcome was the obstacle of self doubt I placed in my own mind.
3) What have you learned from it? learned that if I myself placed this doubt in my mind, I myself was going to have to remove it out of my mind as well. We fail to realize that God has given us the power of choice and everything we do, every move we make, every thought we have is a choice. Once I realized that, I constantly worked to overcome this self inflicted mindset and can proudly say now I believe in myself wholeheartedly without a doubt.
4) They say "Don't judge a book by its cover" what wouldn't we know about you at first glance? I can sing....
Haha just kidding. Just by looking at me you probably wouldn't know that I like to write. I write little poetic pieces aswell as some motivational pieces. I am currently working on a project that will remain a secret until it's fully ready. So stay tuned!
5) What motivates you?First and Foremost, God is my number one motivation. His love keeps me going even when I feel myself slowing down He keeps pushing. Second would have to be looking back at my old self and realizing that I'm not who I used to be. I've come so far from being the sad, self loathing, insecure girl to now growing into the secure, happy, self loving, faithful woman that God has destined me to be. Both motivate me to keep moving forward so I never go back to that dark place.
Heartbreak pro tip: I can't say I've ever had anybody break my heart but I have had my heart hurt from allowing the wrong person in. I learned to trust my instincts and most importantly trust God, also to never lower my standards for the benefit of another person. Often times in order to please another person we downsize our beliefs and put aside what we truly want just because we don't trust that God will provide someone better. And in some cases the person we have in front of us physically looks like everything we've always wanted and they possess "some" of the qualities we look for in a significant other but they don't possess all of them, so we compromise. Never compromise! It's ok to be picky when it comes to the matters of the heart. I highly advise it and anyone that tells you you'll never find a husband/wife because of it must not know what God is capable of. Trust Him and He will come through for you.